How to talk to a person at Microsoft? Microsoft is a globally renowned brand that deals in computer software, hardware, gaming and mobile systems. The applications developed by Microsoft are used in almost every computer. Some of the most important applications of Microsoft are Windows OS, MS Office, MS-DOS, Internet Explorer etc. The users can face difficulties in using of these applications. In such situations, it is recommended that the users should contact Microsoft to resolve their queries. Although, the troubleshooting steps for all kind of problems are mentioned on the official website of Microsoft talking to the support executive is still a better idea. This tutorial is for those users who don’t know how to talk to a person at Microsoft. Here, we will discuss different communication channels of Microsoft in detail.
What are the requirements to contact Microsoft?
You should note that MS Windows or MS Office is not the only products of Microsoft. Actually, Microsoft provides you with a range of software and hardware. You may need to chat with a person at Microsoft to understand the features and resolve the issue with different Microsoft’s products. Let’s go through some of the ways in which Microsoft customer service can help you.
- Help to get started with Microsoft including creating a new Microsoft account.
- To understand the different features of Microsoft’s products such as Office, windows, skype, Xbox etc.
- To know the location of Microsoft store near you.
- To setup your business with business software of Microsoft such as Azure, Dynamics 365, Enterprise etc.
- There are a lot of subscription-based services as well that are offered by MS. By talking to the executives at Microsoft you will know which subscription you should take and which one you should avoid.
- Resolve the different kinds of errors that can occur in applications like office, outlook etc.
- Let you know if there is any service outage from the side of Microsoft.
Please remember that the points we have discussed above are just of example purpose. In fact, there are many other ways as well in which a Microsoft representative can help you.
How to get in touch with a person at Microsoft?
The problems with your Microsoft account can be extremely annoying. That’s why you should know how to talk to a person at Microsoft. Let’s go through the different methods by which you can speak to a Microsoft executive.
Talk to a person through Microsoft Virtual agent.
To help the users in case of a common problem, Microsoft has created Virtual support. Here, you can talk to a bot which can offer you basic troubleshooting instruction. If your problem continues then the virtual agent will let you talk to a person. Here is how this process works.
- First of all, you need to visit the Microsoft support page through this link – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/.
- Click on the “Get Started” button.
- Then, a new window will open through which you can seek help from Microsoft virtual agent.
- After providing all the support instruction, the virtual will send you a link to talk to a person. You need to click on that link.
- As soon as, you click on the link, you have to select the reason why to want to get in touch with Microsoft in person.
- After selecting the reason you can avail the Microsoft live chat support from a live person.
Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support Number
You can directly talk to a Microsoft executive through the helpline number. If you are from the United States or Puerto Rico then you can call 1-877-696-7786. If you are from another country then you can search the phone number as per your location through the official website or through this link – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers
Visit Microsoft Store
Some users don’t like online support and keep wondering how to talk to a person at Microsoft in person. Such users can directly visit the Microsoft answer desk. However, in order to do that you need to schedule an appointment. Here is how you can book an appointment.
- Firstly you need to visit, Microsoft store locator page i.e. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/locations. Here, you can locate all the stores of Microsoft near you.
- On the store locator page, you should click on the “Answer Desk” link.
- Click on the “Schedule an appointment” link on the top of the page.
- Enter your state, city or postal code.
- The address of the store near you will appear as soon as you enter your city or postal code.
- Select the store for which you want to book an appointment.
- Click on the “Schedule Service Appointment” button.
- Select the topic and enter the reason why you want to book an appointment.
- Select the date and time as per the availability.
- After selecting the date and time, your appointment will be fixed.
Microsoft Disability Answer Desk
Microsoft offers special support for customers with disabilities. Here is how you can avail this service:
Phone Call: To get Microsoft accessibility support, you can call 1-800-936-5900. Please note that this phone number remains active 6 am to 10 pm on weekdays and 7 am to 6 pm on weekend.
Video phone: The support is also available through American Sign Language. For that, you need to give a call at 1503-427-1234. This service is available only from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (PST)
Chat: The users can also chat with a person at Microsoft by clicking “Launch Chat” link at accessibility support page i.e. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Accessibility/disability-answer-desk.