How to talk to a real person at Dell Printer? Dell is one of the leading manufacturers of the computer peripherals all around the globe. All of its products including printers are of the highest quality. To improve the quality of its printers, Dell keeps introduction new and advanced features quite regularly. Although these features are making printers more functional they are also increasing the complications as well. The written solution to almost every problem with Dell printers is available on the web. More often than not, these written solutions are not enough to get rid of the problem completely. In such situations, most of the Dell users want to talk an executive at the Dell printer support.
However, the dilemma is that many users don’t know how to talk to a real person at Dell Printer. All they can find on the official website is the written solutions. If you are also one of those users then you are at the right place. We will let you know the correct procedure to get in touch with the official Dell support.
Solutions to some common Dell Printer Problems
Before we illustrate you how to talk to a real person at Dell printer, you should have a look at the general troubleshooting steps for basic Dell Printer problems.
- Prints are not clear/ Print quality is bad
The print quality depends upon so many factors. Here are the steps you may try in order to improve your print quality.
- Always use high-quality papers in order to print images.
- You should always try to use the official ink cartridges of Dell. Local cartridges often result in poor print quality.
- There should not be an accumulation of dust over your papers.
- Clean the print heads because if they are not clean then your print will not be clear.
- Dell Printer not working on Wifi
Wireless printing is getting quite popular these days. However, if you face a problem in printing wirelessly then you should try following instructions.
- Reduce the distance between your printer and mobile (wifi) device.
- Make sure you have all the required drivers and software installed.
- Restart printer and wifi device a couple of time.
- Disable Antivirus or Firewall settings temporarily and try to print once again.
- How to fix troubles due to Paper Jams?
Paper jam is also one of the most common problems with the Printers. Here is how you can fix it.
- Open the printer and make sure there is no small piece of paper tucked in the rollers.
- Remove papers from the paper tray and put them back in.
- The papers stack should fit the paper tray perfectly.
- There should don’t be an accumulation of too much dust on the papers.
- I can still print but my PC tells me to replace cartridges. What should I do?
Different printer shows a low ink cartridge warning at different ink levels. If your Dell printer is showing the warning regarding the low ink then you should buy a new cartridge. However, you should not install it immediately. You should keep printing unless your print quality starts to degrade.
What are the different ways to talk to a live person at Dell printer?
Dell offers tech support for its printers via a phone number and live chat. You can choose any of these methods as per your preference. Here are the details about both of these methods.
Talk to official Dell support executives over phone
It is a smart idea to contact Dell printer support helpline directly whenever you encounter an error. The Dell general support phone number along with its timing is given below:
Availability: This phone number is available for 24×7. You can give a call between 7 AM to 8 PM CT
Note: The above-mentioned number is the general helpline. You may also opt for a specific number for your order status i.e. 1-800-433-9014.
How can I speak to a person at Dell printer support via live chat?
The support over live chat is suitable for those users who don’t like to talk via a phone number. Here are the steps you should follow in order to avail the support service over live chat.
- Visit the official support page of Dell printers through this link – www.dell.com/support/.
- After that, you should click on the “Contact Support” button from the ribbon available at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Technical support” button.
- Then you need to enter the product id of your printer or choose the printer/ product you are using from the list. After that, you will get an option to start the chat process.
- Alternatively, you can click on the direct link of chat support i.e. https://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/19/campaigns/us_chat.
- The timing of chat support for order status & customer service is 7 AM to 7 PM CT (Monday to Friday)
- For technical issues support, you can opt for chat support between 10 AM to 10 PM CT (Monday to Friday)
Submit a service request to interact with Dell technician for repairing your Printer
If your printer is not working fine then you can also submit a service request through the official website of Dell. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to do so.
- First of all, you should visit the official support page of Dell i.e. www.dell.com/support/.
- Then, you should click on the “Service Request” button on the top of the web page.
- Click on the “Create a new one” link in order to create a new service request. Here, you can also track the status of your already submitted requests.
- Then, you need to enter your Dell product ID or select your Dell product from the list of products. Alternatively, you may click on the “Detect PC” button to let the system detect the Dell product you are using.
- After selecting the product, all you need to do is follow the instructions that will appear on your screen and submit the service request.